Cleansing & Intention Setting
What is Crystal Cleansing?
All crystals and gemstone jewelry purchased from Kim R Sanchez Jewelry are cleansed and infused with Reiki energy by Kim. What does it mean to cleanse? Well, we aren't talking about dirt (although sometimes that's needed too!), we mean energetic cleansing. Crystals and gemstones emit their own energy and conduct / amplify life force energy which makes them powerful tools in healing and manifestation. They are also great at storing energy, and over time, can become overloaded with negative or inharmonious energies. By clearing your crystals and gemstones of any inharmonious energies, you're ensuring that they’re at their highest vibrational state for maximum healing and manifestation work.
How Do I Cleanse My Crystals?
Cleansing your crystals is very easy and there are many ways to do it. The following are my recommendations because they are safe for any stone:
This is one of my favorites because it's simple, easy, and perfect for all crystals. You can use a bell, tingshas (Tibetan cymbals), a Tibetan bowl (I love this little one on Amazon) or crystal singing bowl, chanting, or even a sound app. To use sound cleansing, simply place the crystals in front of or near the source of the sound, continue the sound for a few minutes, or until you feel that the cleansing is complete.
Light a sage bundle, palo santo, or smudge stick, and allow the smoke to drift over the crystals. Allow the smoke to envelop each crystal for about 30 seconds. Like sound cleansing, this is another great way to cleanse multiple crystals at once. If you can't smudge outside, be sure to open a window as the smoke can be strong.
Cleansing and recharging under a full moon or a new moon are especially powerful. You can place them outside or on a windowsill overnight. Even if it is a cloudy night, the moon’s rays will still energize the crystals. Just remember to bring your crystals in the next morning!
Large quartz clusters, amethyst geodes, and selenite slabs can be great tools for clearing smaller stones. Simply place the smaller crystal inside or on top of these stones for 24 hours. You can also keep a carnelian in a bag of tumbled stones and they won't need any other method of cleansing.
Visualization is simple and can be useful if you want to program a crystal as well.
Simply hold the crystal and clear your mind, Imagine a bright white light surrounding the crystal and passing through it completely. Visualize the light there until you feel the crystal is sufficiently cleansed (believe in yourself when you do this, you have this magic inside you!).
If you are certified in Reiki healing, this is a wonderful method. Simply hold a crystal in your hand or place your hands on top of the crystal and infuse universal life force energy.
The following additional methods are also popular but are not suitable for all stones. Remember that your crystal is a mineral, so when placed in liquid, salt, or other substances, there may be an adverse reaction such as cracking, dissolving, or fading. Please research or ask us before exposing them to any of these methods to prevent damage.
- Salt Water
- Dry Salt
What is Crystal Intention Setting?
How Do I Set Intention for My Crystals?
Your Kim R Sanchez Jewelry and crystals all come with intention already programmed. While it is not essential to program your crystals, you certainly can if you wish to focus the energy of the crystals on a specific intention. I recommend following these steps.
- Think about what you want from your crystal and carefully formulate your intention. Help you attract love, manifest success, calm your overactive mind?
- Choose a crystal that resonates with your intention (e.g. choose a calming stone for stress relief). Check out my chakra guide for reference or your own intuition as to which stone would best serve your purpose.
- Cleanse your chosen crystal with whichever method you prefer. I recommend you clear the crystal of any previous programming while you cleanse it. Simply ask for any previous intention to be removed.
- Sit quietly, hold the crystal in your hand, and clear your mind of unrelated thoughts. Start to focus on your intention. You may state your intention out loud or in your thoughts – whatever you feel more comfortable doing. (Tip- say it in the present tense and keep it positive). Repeat your intention several times until you feel the vibrations have been absorbed fully into your crystal. The process is complete when you intuitively feel that it is.
- Finish off by thanking the crystal for its presence, then spend a few minutes in meditation.